Resin Floral Cross
15 Bean Soup with pork flavor.
- 1 pkg. of Hambeens 15 bean soup by Hurst Beans, (can be purchased at any store where the dried beans are)
- 1 sm. white or yellow onion diced
- 1/2 c. diced green onion
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder(I use Tone’s Garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp. My House Seasoning
- 1 pkg. salt pork or a left over ham bone from a spiral ham or sliced bacon in 2 inch pieces
Cooking directions can be followed on the package, they are pretty much what I go by, but I use a slow cooker pot usually.
In a 6 quart slow cooker, add beans, onions, spices(including the flavor pack in the bean bag) and the pork of your choice. Add enough water to cover beans but to come to about 1 to 2 inches from top of crock. If your going to leave it all day unattended you need to add enough water for the beans to not absorb all the water and cause it to dry up and burn.
Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
All this can be done more quickly in a stew pot and follow the cooking directions from the bean package.
A creamy soup can be made if you add a flour roux, shortly before ready to serve. I suggest using Masa Flour for roux it gives your recipe a slight corn flavor and if you get too much you don’t get the bland dry flour flavor of all purpose flour.
This feeds about 6 well, but of course I cook big so 3 bags of beans are usually used with lots of bacon or ham and everything else tripled.
Gold Gem Cross
Red Gem Cross
Iron Cross 10
Silver Cross Box
Iron Cross 9
A Sister’s Cross