New scarecrows for a new season.
Gluten free enchiladas.
- 1 – 2 package of 6-8 frozen chicken breasts, if using 2 packages add an extra can of soup and chilis.
- 2 large cans cream o chicken soup
- 2 cans Hatch green chilis
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- ground cumin, to taste (I use Tone’s cumin)
- ground paprika, to taste (I use Tone’s)
- garlic powder, to taste (I use Tone’s)
- shredded cheese (Monterrey/cheddar mix) large bag 4-6 cups
- 8 Knorr cilantro cubes
- green onions, diced
- large tub sour cream or 2 tubs 15 oz. each
- spray oil
Thaw chicken thoroughly.
In large bowl combine: soup, cumin, paprika, garlic, green chilis… set aside.
In another large bowl combine: sour cream, one cup cheese, 8 cilantro cubes, green onions, cumin, garlic, paprika… set aside.
In a glass casserole or roaster, spray sides with oil, and spread a thin layer of the soup mixture in bottom.
Pound chicken thinner with flat side of tenderizing hammer. once thicker parts are thinned, place a spoonful of sour cream mixture in center and a small handful of cheese. Fold over side to roll as much as you can, place in cooking dish, lining up, making two rows.
Once all rolled and lined into cooking dish, sprinkle cheese over chicken, spoon rest of soup mixture over chicken, drain diced tomatoes and with hand sprinkle them on top.
Bake on 325 for at least an hour, I cooked this in a roaster pan on 275 for almost three hours. Cooking times always vary, just make sure to cook the chicken thoroughly. When about 10 – 15 minutes from being done, top with more cheese and let melt before serving with Spanish rice.