- 1 bag of 71-90 shrimp
- 2 links (1 pkg) boudin sausage
- 1 sm onion, diced
- 1 bag frozen okra
- 1/4 c. masa flour (I use Maseca masa flour)
- 4 c. water with 3 tsp. Mccormicks beef base, dissolved
- 2 c. cooked Mahatma long grain rice
- 1/2 to 1 lb. ground pork – seasoned with Tony Chachere’s cajun seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, house seasoning
- season pot with cajun seasoning, paprika, garlic powder and house seasoning
Start to cook your rice.
Thaw and remove tails of shrimp.
Cook whole links of boudin sausage in skillet till browned and remove.
In pot saute onion, then add water with beef base, whisk in masa till not lumpy, add okra. Heat to a boil.
In the skillet after boudin is cooked, cook ground pork with seasonings till browned.
After pot has come to a boil, Remove the skin from the boudin, slice and add to pot, add shrimp, cooked rice, 3-4 c. more water if needed and pork when it’s done.
Reduce heat to low-med and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer till ready to serve.