- 1 lb. stew meat
- 1 piece fresh ginger about 2 inches
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- olive oil
- 2 tsp red curry powder
- 1 tsp dried tarragon leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- course ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Prepare the ginger cut the rough ends off and peel with a vegetable peeler, use vegetable peeler to cut into thin strips.
Drizzle some olive oil in a medium to large skillet and heat on medium heat. Once heated, add the ginger and stew meat and cook till meat is medium done.
Add all ingredients to the meat and simmer till all is well stirred together and heated through.
Serve as is or over brown rice.
- 1 lb. dried pinto beans
- salt pork, half a pkg of bacon or a left over ham bone
- 2-3 c. brown sugar
- 2-3 c. spicy barbecue sauce of your choice **see my suggestion below
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder or 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. course ground pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped onion or 2-3 tbsp. onion powder or dried minced onion
Slow cook pinto beans according to package or to the best result for your slow cooker with the water and with the pork of your choice.
Once beans are tender, drain all but about 2 cups of the water. Or drain completely and add a little water back. Add all the rest of the ingredients, stirring together till well mixed and continue to slow cook on low for about an hour or until ready to serve.
These amounts fill a 6 quart oval slow cooker.
** i use Kraft Barbecue Sauce – Sweet & Spicy Chipotle,
If you do not use this flavor, you can use a regular flavor that is your favorite and spice it up with some Knorr Chipotle seasoning cubes.